Internship: Programming and/or Business Analysis
Synergent, one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, has an exciting opportunity for an intern to work within our Information Technology – Development department.
This position will provide support to our Programmer Analysts and Business Analysts by assisting in the implementation of products and services with our credit union partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform coding or testing tasks to satisfy technical specifications, in accordance with defined standards. Perform proper testing within the appropriate test phase to ensure finished modules meet technical requirements. Problem solve issues through tools and skills available and work with others when assistance is needed. Adhere to source code management processes.
- Review projects or requests to understand requirements. The type of estimating: (rough order of magnitude, budgetary, etc.) will depend on the purpose of the estimate. Work with Programmers and Analysts to estimate level of effort (how much time will it take?), duration (how long will it take?) so that plans can be built, and expectations can be set.
- Clearly document changes in the code modules, as well as key aspects of each assigned project in the incident tracking database or in a location specified in the incident tracking database.
- Maintain status of projects assigned in the incident tracking database to ensure a clear and accurate understanding of progress being made. Update time in the project management tool.
- Maintain an open mind and accept guidance from the management team as well as your teammates.
Candidates will have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; solid time management and organizational skills, superior customer service philosophies and the ability and willingness to take on increased responsibilities over time.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including hourly wage requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!