Product Owner – Technology
Synergent, one of Maine’s Best Places to Work, is a credit union service organization committed to providing those we serve with unparalleled service in the industry.
Our Product Development team is currently seeking a candidate for the Product Owner of Technology role. This position is responsible for all phases of the product development lifecycle, buy/build/partner decisioning, alpha/beta product launches, and market evidence gathering and profitability analysis. The incumbent will provide sharp decision making with the goal of helping our clients succeed with all technology offerings.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the Product Development Life Cycle from planning through development, launch, and ongoing product enhancement. Support the definition, development, and delivery of the finished product and/or enhancements.
- Identify market needs through research of credit union’s requests, vendor partners offerings, and Synergent core competencies, then communicate these market/credit union needs through detailed problem statements. Understand the competitive landscape and expectations of personas (users and buyers) interacting with the product.
- Manage the profitability of each product introduced to meet the financial goals of the organization.
- Working with the Development team, act as the Market Subject Matter Expert for the assigned functional product area to assure a backlog of market problems exists allowing the Product Development team to consistently move forward with innovative ways of improving credit union’s service to members.
- Define the solutions for validated market problems by writing detailed requirements with user stories.
- Plan, organize, lead and control the long-term product roadmap.
Experience with the following concepts and frameworks preferred:
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Enterprise Software Architecture, API and Integrations
- Financial Services Software industry
Successful candidates will have prior software programming and analysis experience. Effective communication, time management, and organizational skills are required, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities simultaneously while working and collaborating in a team environment will be essential for success in this role.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Health insurance, Dental insurance, company paid Life insurance, STD/LTD/ADD, company paid LTC insurance, Earned Time, 401(k), Pension, Bonus Program, corporate wear allowance, fitness reimbursement and more!
High school degree or equivalent Some post-high school education in IT-related field of study is preferred 2+ year’s experience in IT-related position